Sunday, January 11, 2009

orientation

I can't believe I fell sick during the first week of uni!! T.T feeling so feverish now, haihz, I hope I can go to school tomorrow because lectures are starting >.< My subjects for the first sem include:
1. Basic Mathematics (I thought I'm through with math after college..sadness)
2. Foundation Chemistry for Pharmacists (so much chemistry okay!! Physical, organic, inorganic, analytical..I am so dead..I only like organic chemistry T.T)
3. Biopharmacy
4. Phisiology
5. Bioscience for Pharmacists
And and, in total, for the first sem, I have 13 books to study..>.< at least the End of Semester exams are in MCQ form, but it gets tougher throughout the year, as analytical subjective problems will be included in later exams.. Aargh..remind me again, why did I choose pharmacy? First week so tiring summore, nearly everyday until 5..but next week until 10 because of orientation..

Anyway, wanna know about my orientation? It's kinda fun, only started on Friday night, and when I say orientation, I mean those organised by seniors..we were seperated into 8 groups, and guess what my group name is? LOLLIPOP =.=" there are other groups called Wasabi, Super Sexy Stalker, Why, Pee-a-Poop (if you say this fast enough, it sounds like Prof Peter Pook, which is my dean's name..hmm..smart huh), Dynamitez (so copycat, copy DJ's cheerleading group name), Bimbo Chicks and one more which I have forgotten..Don't ask me why my group have such a girlish name, there's only one malay boy in my group..haha..and Friday night was Treasure Hunt!! I had water, garlic water and flour thrown on me, and chinese ink drawn on my face..bleh..there's a storyline behind the whole orientation, where we have to find a cure for a virus in IMU (the seniors made a video of themselves dying because of the virus infection, so hilarious okay) so the Treasure Hunt was like, going through 6 stations, doing the tasks, receiving clues for the next station and collecting pieces of the treasure (the cure, which is part of a chemical structure, so pharmacy-ish)..next week, there are events such as Happy Weird Family and Mini Games (I have to play the Grandmother, which is the White Witch of Narnia, gotta dress like her >.< I'm using white curtains for my gown XD), Pharma Musical (I have to dress up as Chip from Beauty and the Beast, and dance to the theme song and Disturbia..I have no idea how to do this, seeing as my group have not planned the dance routine), Detective Game (an apparently worse version of Treasure Hunt, I heard there might be rotten meat and vege thrown at us, oh well, I might skip this if I'm still sick..) Cultural Runway (using recycled items to design a Korean cultural costume, that's for my group) and Spooky Friday Night, where we have to dress up in Halloween costumes..

Anyway the whole orientation sounds pretty fun, but I don't know if I have the mood to enjoy after lectures have started..after all, I have to prepare for each lecture by reading the respective chapters the day before but how am I gonna do this if the orientation until 10 every night? Friday night was tiring enough edi, had to wear slippers and run the whole park near IMU, it's so painful to run in slippers okay..and see, end result, my whole body is aching now and I'm sick >.< aaaaa!!! Oh well...that's all for now I suppose
P.S: oops, this post seem super long...>.<

No comments:

Post a Comment